Monday, August 10, 2009

A step beyond

I was planning on pushing the distance up to 3 miles this weekend, but not today.
Nonetheless, I made it to my 2 mile turnaround point and decided to take just a couple more steps because I was feeling good. Those few more steps turned into an extra 1/3 of a mile.
Total distance for today: 2.66 miles (according to Google Earth).
I made the whole distance out without a single stop. I made it about 1/3 of the way back and had to pause at a red light (blessedly placed right where I needed a short breather). There's an uneven patch of cement where a bus stop used to be that I walked 6 steps across. Then 3 more points on the way home where I stopped. I didn't walk any of the 2.66 miles.
By the end of the month, I should be knocking down 6 miles on the weekend long runs, and 3 miles on the weekday long runs. By the end of September, the goal is 10 mile weekenders and 3 mile weekday short runs.
I owe myself a bike ride or two, as well. I'm a bit behind on my bike mileage, and consequently I'm still running a little heavy.
I've also noticed that I haven't been sore after ANY of my runs. What the hell is up with that?!?
Finally, I almost rolled my ankle not once, but 3 times. THREE TIMES!!!
Anyway, time for dinner and a little bit of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment