Monday, August 17, 2009

3.6 at Memorial

I made my return to Memorial Park this evening. I would have hit it this afternoon at lunch, but I forgot my socks at home and couldn't run. So I went to Luke's and got some new kicks instead (Asics, Cumulus--just like my old shoes, except more silver and less blue. Still fast like blue, though.)

Anyway, the flora and fauna at Memorial are just stunning this time of year--especially the fauna.

The run was alright. Nothing spectacular. I took off going counter clockwise (west, from the tennis house), and made the full loop, plus about .15 miles, plus a quarter mile, plus another quarter mile back to the car. By my reckoning, that's pretty damn close to 3.5 or 3.6, and I'm going to call it 3.6.

Of course, there were a few stops along the way. No walking, though. I did take a light break between the final 2 quarter miles, but I ran them both at a flat out sprint. That was pretty ok.

All in all, it was a miserable, horrid, awful workout. However, at the end, I was smiling and my legs felt pretty good, even if I couldn't go another step.
I'm going to try and get up in the morning and run 3 or so, and maybe get in 3 or so when I get home from work. I have plotted out a course to 20 miles this week, and if I actually stick to the schedule, it will be the first 20 mile week I ever run that doesn't feature an 18 mile run AND it will be the first time I stick to a running schedule that actually involves running (off weeks are easy to stick to).

We'll see how it goes. I sure do want to want to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment