Sunday, August 2, 2009

2 miles and multi tasking

The junior got a new bike for his birthday. A cute little teeny tiny thing with training wheels.
Thank you Nana and PawPaw.
So, today we introduced him to his bike helmet and took him for his first spin. Meanwhile, I took the opportunity to get my first run of August in the books. The junior took one little spill and bounced back up like a super ball. No sweat. He's a tough little guy.
I added a tenth of a mile (about a block) to the run and managed to get about 3/4 of my two miles without pausing. The full front mile went down non stop. About 1/4 away from the midway point, I had to pause--not to catch my breath, but to spell my legs. What the hell is up with that? I can push a bike into the wind for a solid 15 miles without pausing even a little, but if I run for 10 minutes, my legs start to feel like telephone poles. I can't think of a more stupid physical phenomenon.
Anyway, I got the motor turning over again and made another 1/2 mile or so before taking a short pause to cross the street, then cranked it back up to the big house. That's my run. Exciting, isn't it?
Oh yea, I saw some guy get arrested and his car towed.
I also saw a couple of friends of mine gawking at the police action. Shame on them... it's like they don't have cable or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment