Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Ok, Time to get back into this thing

It’s been a week since the speed training, and I still haven’t taken in a long run.

That means I’m going on nearly 2 weeks without a long run for my ledger.

 

That’s a problem.

 

And yea, I’ve got some legitimate excuses for most of the days.  Others, not so much.  There has been physical and mental pain that I’m dealing with (no, I don’t want to talk about it), and a general sense of ennui.  But the fact remains that I have a 10 mile run on the 10th of October that I damn well better get ready for and a marathon in January that I sure as hell need to get ready for.  It’s time to get up off the couch.

 

Tonight I’ll run.  Tomorrow will likely be an off day, and Thursday I have the great pleasure of having an experienced runner pound me into submission on the track.  Friday will likely be an off day, but I may take the day to do some track work.  Then there will be the Saturday long run.

I’m going to set the total mileage goal for October at 150 miles, which wouldn’t be very daunting had I stuck to my September schedule.  As it is I’ll likely miss that target, but I will get beyond the September total, and that’s ok.

 

I’ve decided I’m not technically training for the Houston Marathon.  I’m running.  Hopefully lots.  Hopefully there will be an accompanying mental transformation that comes with the physical transformation that running will bring about.

No comments:

Post a Comment