Tuesday, September 26, 2017

AAAAHHHHHGGGG!!!!

Ok, the good news is this tendonitis is not the same tendonitis as before.  The bad news is that this tendonitis is not the same tendonitis as before.

 

Before it was right at the base of the Achilles tendon where it meets the heel.  This time it’s off to the side, between the Achilles and the knob of the ankle, along the side of the heel.  I mean…  jesus fucking Christ.  Can I just be pain free in this goddamn foot for a change?

 

Anyway, ice every 2 hours.  Ibuprophen as much as I’m allowed.  Epsom salt bath (because, maybe witchcraft works?) every other night.  I even got a compression brace to wear.

 

I skipped the weekend long run (because I’m lazy) so that I could rest and let the tendonitis get right.  I got a 1 mile run in last night and it HURTS LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER today.  The mile was a 12:00 mile, though, and I felt really good running it.  I’m looking forward to the Wednesday mile and hopefully next week or the week after I can start extending some of these shorter runs by a little here and there.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment