Friday, September 22, 2017

The morning after the rest day

Yesterday was a semi-scheduled rest day.  One of those “I’ll run if I ‘need’ to, if I have too much energy and have to burn it off, but don’t want to and probably shouldn’t” days.  It was an insane day filled with all the stress.  I probably should have whipped off a half mile, at least.

 

But I didn’t.

 

I did ice my Achilles tendon as a preventative measure.

And helped my son with his homework.

And spend a solid 2 GODDAMN HOURS WITH TECH SUPPORT UPDATING MY STUPID FUCKING COMPUTER!!!!!

 

But whatever…   Tonight I’ll whip off between a mile and a mile and a half. Then tomorrow (or Sunday) I’ll blow out a nice, long 3 miler.  That’ll give me between 5 and 6 miles for the week (1.5, .5 – 1.5, 3) which should fall squarely within the “not overdoing it” category.

 

There was some minor tenderness in the tendon this morning and I’m hopeful that it’s not going to become a thing.  Ice, stretching, compression…  easy does it old man.  You’re not 28 any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment