Monday, September 18, 2017

Time to step back in to the mix

It has been over 4 years since posting in this forum.  In that time I’ve attempted to run the Bridge Series (Kemah and Galveston in 2014, backed out of La Porte), suffered achilles tendonitis (that prevented me from running La Porte), rehabbed that at the end of 2014, started running again in the middle of 2015, pulled up lame with a gimpy knee, tried to rest and rehab that, went to a doctor for a cortizone shot, tore the meniscus in March 2016, got surgery to fix THAT in September 2016, and started back on the bike in March 2017 and now have stepped back into running over summer 2017.

 

Holy crap, what a journey.

 

So that’s basically from December 2012 to Winter 2016 of some kind of pain somewhere in my left leg that limited my level of activity.

 

I’m a physical wreck.

 

I logged 7.5 miles in Strava since the beginning of August and just completed the Toughest 10k – Kemah in a respectable 1:31 (considering the relative wrecked-ness of my body).

 

I’m enjoying reading my old posts.  Enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would.  But now it’s time to start a new chapter.  It’s time to start running again.

 

I’m one race into the Bridge Series for 2017.  The greatest challenge is going to be that half marathon, and it’s 60 days away. I’m 24 hours past that first 10k and the diagnostics look promising. No “bad” pain. A few troublesome aches in the left ankle.  The mantra is “take it easy, take it easy, don’t over do it.”  I’m sticking with that.

I’ll give a recap for the 10k soon.  But the next thing on the agenda is an ice bath for the feet and one more day of rest, then a series of 1 mile runs over the next several days. Moving in to the last week of September and the first couple of weeks in October I’ll supplement the 1 mile runs with 3 mile weekend long runs leading in to the Galveston 10k.  After that, preparations for the La Porte by the Bay half marathon.

 

I’m back, baby!!!

I am strong!

I am mighty!

NO POWER IN THE VERSE CAN STOP ME!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment