Sunday, July 12, 2009

It begins?

July 11, I hit my first Run the Woodlands event since 2006.
Not at all a memorable 5k event.

Something like 36 minutes. I flat out ran out of gas. I couldn't catch the guy in front of me on the last stretch. I actually had to stop and catch air in the last 50 meters.

Pretty pathetic.

The high points: I ran the first mile, non-stop, and maybe half of the second mile.
I did not earn the "lampre rouge", or red light, as in the back end of the train. I have never won that particular prize and have no intention of doing so.
I won a cool visor.

Sigh.

In the evening I got out on the bike and took in 12 beautiful miles on the bike. Average speed of 14 mph, max of 25, total time 50:26. When I got home, I was gassed, but in a good way.
After I caught my breath I sat down in the shower to cool off.
No serious cramping. No serious problems. I AM dragging around 20lbs too many. I need to take care of that. The cycling will help with that.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on getting to RTW! Woo Hoo!! It was crazy hot yesterday and shows no signs of letting up. I figure any mileage we run right now counts double secondary to the heat... That's my story and I'm sticking to it! LOL

    ReplyDelete