Friday, June 18, 2010

Speedwork day


Today will be a day of speedwork.  This week has been a week of declining performance and increasing times, and it's generally been a bummer.  The body has been fighting back, the diet has been a shambles, and pretty much everything has gone wrong.  I'm even feeling sore in my shins far, far ahead of when I should be feeling sore in the shins.

On the other hand, at this time last year I wasn't even tracking times yet, and when I did start tracking times I was a step slower (in July) than I am now.  So, even though I'm running slower than I'd like to, I'm still running better than I was last year.  So, I guess it's a good news/bad news sort of situation.

Nonetheless, I need a change of pace.  The various three mile workouts (3.0 and 3.6) I've been running the last couple of weeks are getting tedious.  My legs are getting achey.  Waa.  So, I'm going to start killing some speed workouts all next week.  Tonight, running's out of the question since I'm going to be home watching the rugrat on my own and leaving him upstarts sleeping while I go out for an hour long run is, for some strange reason, frowned upon.  Tomorrow, though, I may load him into the running trailer and go for a run with him.  That might be fun!

Anyway, blah blah blah...
I picked up a couple of new books that should be fun to read, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment