Friday, October 23, 2009

Is IT in you?

Admittedly, this has been a bad couple of weeks running.

 

After the 10 for Texas (which was a GREAT run), I got in a good 3 miles on Monday for recovery, but the speed work on Wednesday had to be cut short for a plethora of reasons.  Then I went down with some kind of stomach bug.  Then Tuesday was the first day I felt good enough to run again, so I got in a really good run that day.  Class on Wednesday ran long and cut out that run.  Company came over last night and precluded a run.  This morning I overslept my alarm and didn’t get out to run.  Tonight I’ve got a fall festival thing and likely won’t run (I might elliptical, though).  Tomorrow is the day before the half marathon, so I might only run 3, if I run any at all.

 

This has been a bad couple of weeks.

 

But I’m STILL going to go hit the half marathon on Sunday and see what happens.

The timeline will go like this:

5:00am, wake up

5:30am, eat—egg, toast, peanut butter, banana

6:00am, head to downtown.

6:30am, head to the starting area, mill around for a little while, chat with some real runners.

7:00am, gun

Run…

10:30am, church.  Here I get to be the liturgist, so the run needs to 1, go well enough that I can finish in less than 3 hours (shouldn’t be a problem), and 2, not be so exhausting that I can’t stand, sit, and be coherent while reading the scripted cues.

 

This will be a fun weekend.

 

So, the question is, even without really rigorous training over the last two weeks, is IT in me?

 

I think it is.  I’m so ready for this.  That antelope better be well rested.

2 comments:

  1. I admire you for being so comitted. I hate running...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I paid for the lax training schedule this weekend, but I'll fix that before the next big run.

    ReplyDelete