Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Ok, so where things stand

Want to know something fun?

I took care of my Achilles tendonitis and properly stretched and treated that annoyance.  Things were feeling good.

Then the week before thanksgiving I go with the fam to Enchanted Rock (people not from Texas, google it) and do some camping and hiking.  It was awesome.  Enchanting, even.  I hiked the summit, then around the Rock.  It was pretty boss.

It was SO boss that I decided to do it again the next day.  That’s when, as I was walking down the steps toward the trail that goes to the summit, I sprained my ankle.


Derp.

 

Left foot rolled under, leg collapsed, I fell down 3 steps, ended up square on my ass.  It was painful.

 

No…  painful would have been an upgrade.  It was white hot throbbing bolts of lightening up the outside of my leg into my hip agony.  We had a 4 hour trip home.  And we were stopping to camp overnight halfway there because we thought that would be fun.

 

My god I was in so much pain.

 

Then about 3 weeks after that, as everything was slowly getting to the point where it wasn’t completely painful to walk on it again…

 

I reached down to pick something up and my foot rolled under me. A white hot bolt of searing agony ripped through my leg and I ended up ass over hips laying in the street.  I took a couple of pain killers, iced it, wrapped it, drank some whiskey, and laid down for a long winter’s nap.  That was about a month ago, now.  I’m MOSTLY pain free, with just a bit of tenderness around the ankular region.  The limp is gone.  I have nearly full range of motion.

 

I feel old and broken down.  I’m only 42.

 

I need to get out and be active again.  This is driving me absolutely nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment