Monday, October 16, 2017

You can't always get what you want

Ok, so I’ve been taking it easy the last few days resting and icing.  My last proper run was 10/2, but later that week I spend an evening walking up and down stairs moving someone out of a house and then 2 days later literally ran back and forth around town.  So that kind of counted as a workout.

But per usual, my foot was KILLING me on Sunday a week ago when I woke up, so I went the precautionary route and iced and rested for 3 days until there was no pain at dawn. That got me in to Thursday and the next day was a business trip.  I brought my running gear so that I could get in a few miles at the hotel only to find out I FORGOT MY DAMN SHOES!!! 

 

GAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!

 

I have a 10k in 6 days.  I am woefully underprepared for THAT, but worse I have a half in 5 weeks and may have to skip out on that one again, which pisses me off greatly.  I may show up and slog my way through, taking it easy so that I don’t hurt myself and collecting the hardware.  I don’t know…  I feel like garbage.  This sucks.

 

Anyway…  planning on logging another mile or mile and a half tonight.  Then dosing with ice to make sure I’m safe.  I don’t even know right now…

No comments:

Post a Comment